God, grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change,The courage to change the things I can,And the wisdom to know the difference.
- I am black in America
- I am a female
- I am 38 years old
- I live in Los Angeles right now
- I have student loan debt and poor money management skills
- I have been trying to lose the same 15-20 pounds for the last two years
- I have not written anything I feel is significant enough to warrant a full time writing job
- I have never been married
- I have no children
- I don't have a job title
- I don't dance very well
- I never made a "30 under 30 list
- I haven't written a fully developed feature
- I work for others (I'm not the boss at work)
- I don't know how to swim
- I am not athletic and working out is a struggle for me more often than not
- My hair hasn't grown as much as I thought it would by now
- I have a not so stable relationship with food
- My car is crappy but I can't afford a new one right now
- I also want to move but the cost of living in L.A. makes that unaffordable at the time as well
- I can't do 30 consecutive days of Bikram
- I watch a lot of Lifetime and thus I don't trust enough...
- I don't have enough clothes
- Life gets hard for me a lot
- My faith is shaky sometimes
- I get scared
- I've made a lot of mistakes
And the biggest thing I decided to accept: I sometimes don't know what I'm doing.
I now accept these things and graciously allow the transformative miracles to come forth.